Sunday 15 February 2009

Today I am catching up with my blog. I was a bit poorly with a horrid virus over the end of January/early February and am afraid silibats spot was rather neglected.

My mid year uni review was clouded by feeling ill, but I managed to do preparation before date and then had to take time off after to fight off bug. I am waiting for feedback meeting which should be soon.

Have been busy since return to uni with show preparation. Alex and I decided on "Then and Now" for title and were offered an extra week which we have accepted. It means we open a week early (no pressure), but private view remains on 27th as invites had already gone out.

Digital darkroom and printing have been very helpful, and I am now ready to start carving figures for lodge installation in 3D workshop. I am looking forward to it as now feel there is a small chance things might come together in time. Managed to do all the preparatory paperwork this weekend, and we hang the show on Thursday. Going to be a busy 2 weeks.

Since last post Pam and I handed in our joint review of Lozano Hemmer`s installation at The Curve, Barbican. I managed to see War photography during my visit, and loved Gerdo Taro`s and Robert Capo`s work. I shall post review and invented artist film soon, along with my recent work.

We had events day on Tuesday Feb 3rd, but following "Snow Monday" uni was sadly a bit quiet. I put my recycling posters up in the galley and canteen as arranged, and saw some of my fellow students work, which was fun.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the other students shows soon too. Now we have brief for our final year 1 essay, I think I will start to research but will leave writing until after our show to have some breathing space

No comments: