Sunday 28 December 2008

I am trying to update my blog, because mid November to mid December was a blur at home. We had significant birthdays and anniversaries all round. With lots of deadlines for Uni, I am afraid this blog was a little neglected.

Today, I visited "Renaissance Faces" at the National gallery, and then "Sisley in England and Wales". Really enjoyed the former. I found the small room of drawings near the end particularly interesting, where tone and form were skillfully depicted by Durer, for example. The Sisley was a much smaller collection. My favourite was actuallya snow scene elsewhere in with the "New acquisitions", room 42.

Last weekend, Dec 21stI went to see, "Turner, Paths to Fame" at the Courtauld . Ireally like the small room on the top floor there. It has housed,for me, many memorable small exhibitions. This one showed in full the Courtauld`s collection of his watercolours.

No comments: